January 25, 2010

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on Haiti

Yet when they were ill, I grieved for them
I denied myself by fasting for them
but my prayers returned answered
I was sad, as though they were my friends or family
as if I were grieving for my own mother
Psalm 35:13-14

I am sure we have all heard of what happened in Haiti, we have seen images that have left us speechless. So many people dead, so many without a home, without family, children without parents, parents without their children. What has happened has truly shaken the entire world.

I am part of Maranatha World Revival Ministries (http://maranathausa.com/index_english.htm) and we have 16 churches in Haiti, 12 have been accounted for, 6 pastors died and an entire congregation perish the day the earthquake hit. They had service that day and the church was full, there we no survivors. Our Ministries around the world are sending whatever they can to Haiti, money is easiest thing to send right now. We have churches in Santo Domingo (Dominican Republic) the national director of the Santo Domingo has been crossing the border to Haiti to bring medical supplies and food to the people. $1000 has feed 200, 12 children have been placed in homes in Santo Domingo and by the end of this year our church (headquarters in Chicago) plans to have a orphanage for all the kids that were left without parents. But that was only the beginning of what this ministry is doing to help our brothers and sisters in Haiti.

In times of crisis is when the body of Christ needs to arise. We need to cry out for our nation and for this world, things are not going to get easier and it is our duty to stand in the gap, in prayer, fasting and supplication. We need to cry out, ask for mercy. We need God's mercy.

May God bless you and please keep the nation of Haiti and our nation in prayer. We all need it!

No comments: