April 18, 2009

Watch What You Eat!


Originally uploaded by B a r c a <3

We focus on what we feed our body but we have to watch what we feed our spirit.  We go to the doctor for a check up and he tells us our blood pressure is high, our cholesterol level is too high, we are anemic, and we need to lose a few pounds. And we listen to him; we begin to change our eating habits. We begin to make time to go to the gym, buy healthier food, consume less fatting foods, so on.

But what about when God is the one pointing out the state of our spirit? When He is saying your spirit is in desperate need of me. Your spirit is dry; you need to put aside the things that are not of me (1 John 2:16).

What about when is God saying be HOLY for I AM holy. I formed you in my image and with my breath I gave you life (Genesis 2:7). Let me give you life again (1 Corinthians 15:45), let me make you my dwelling place again for that is why I formed you, that is why I made you. So that I could abide in you and you in Me (I Corinthians 6:17). Lose those things that are keeping you from Me. 


"For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world." 
1 John 2:16

"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." 
Genesis 2:7

"But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him."
I Corinthians 6:17

"So also it is written, 'The first man, Adam, became a living soul.' 
The last Adam became a life-giving spirit."
1 Corinthians 15:45


*Inspired by a message by Alex Rentas (04.17.09)

No comments: