March 18, 2009

Wedding with God!

I was at church and the church was packed, the way it is during convention. It was beautifully decorated everything was done to perfection, I was at a wedding. Then the bridesmaids started coming the aisle and the interesting part was that there were no groomsmen just bridesmaids and they were accompanied by children, I thought how cute and original. Then the bride was suppose to come down the aisle and at first she wanted all the people she loved and the people she cared about to walk her down the aisle and it was a group of about 50 people but at the last minute she said "no, I'm going to do alone, I don't need you" and normally brides walk down the aisle, well she started dancing and it was a dance of complete surrender and devotion (you have seen Valencia dance and she can dance but the way this bride was dancing was 100 times better) and so I wanted to see who the groom was and I kept looking at the alter and I saw no one and that's when I realized she was not marrying a man she was marrying GOD.

You know when you have a dream sometimes you don't see the face of the person but you know who they are? well in my dream the bride was Iza and I texted her and I told her, I had the most beautiful dream and you were in it. The reason why I had seen her was because that Friday (February 27) she was one of the people that went up and I saw her and her image stood on my mind. So I told her my dream and I was telling her the dream, Hosea 2:16 came to mind "And it shall be, in that day," says the Lord, "That you will call Me, 'My Husband.' And no longer call Me, 'My Master,'. Also in Hosea 2:17 it says "For I will take from her mouth the names of the Baals, And they shall be remembered by their name no more." That's what the bride did in my dream, she wanted the people she loved and held dear to her heart to walk her down the aisle but at the last minute she decided she didn't need them. We have to put aside the things that are hindering our relationship with God. 

Ever since that dream I been praying and seeking to understand so I read Hosea all over again and if you read Hosea 2:14-23 is God calling His bride to Him. This dream has not left my mind or my spirit since I had it. The other day I was meditating on Hosea and I felt as God was directing my hand as I wrote what He was saying in that book. This is what I wrote: 

He is complaining against the harlotry of His people. He is reminding them who He is, what He has done for them. His tenderness is felt even as He rebukes them and even in His anger, He is madly in love with His bride. He wants to give them knowledge but they reject it (4:6). God is merciful, loving, righteous, just and faithful (2:19-20). He is saying let Me love you, let Me allure you, let Me speak words of comfort to you (2:14). Do you not know that there is none like Me? There’s no savior besides Me! (13:4). Don’t you know that I heal you? (11:3) I am the one that ransom you from the power of the grave (13:14). Return to Me and I will take away all iniquity and I will receive you graciously (14:2). I am Holy and forever faithful. Don’t you know that I recompense you according to your deeds? (12:2) I draw you with gentle cords, with bands of love (11:4). I will change your shame for My Glory (4:7). I will sow you for Myself (2:23). I will remove the names of Baals from your mouth (2:17). I will do anything and everything to lie you down safely (2:18). I love you and out of bondage I have called you out (11:1). I love you freely (14:4) and My fruit is found in you (14:8). The place of your disgrace will be the place of your rebirth (1:10). Acknowledge your offense and seek My face earnestly (5:15). I will discipline and strengthen your arms (7:15). Don’t forget I am your maker (8:14) I have taught you how to walk and have taken you in My arms (11:3). Wait on Me continually (12:6). Sow for yourself righteousness; reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground, for it is time to seek Me, till I come and rain righteousness on you (10:12). I have redeemed you, cry out to Me with your heart (7:14) direct your deeds to Me, get to know Me! (5:4)

God is longing for His bride and even in His anger He says, "My heart churns within Me; My sympathy is stirred. I will not execute the fierceness of My anger, I will not again destroy...For I am GOD, and not man, The Holy One in your midst; And I will not come with terror." Hosea 11:8-9.

God is calling His bride, He is pleading with her, return to ME and I will take you graciously! TURN to me, cry out with your heart, seek Me, I LOVE YOU! 

We haven't yet grasp the love He has for us (His bride/His wife) because if we had we wouldn't be living the way we are living, our lives wouldn't be the same, they couldn't be the same. I use to think we had to wait until Christ comes to be marry to Him but we don't. We marry Him when we put everything that doesn't glorify Him aside, when the names of Baals (things of this world) are removed from our mouth its when we are able to call Him, husband. It becomes a delight to be in His presence, it becomes our desire to be with Him. Its no longer a duty and we stop calling Him master. 

God is calling out, Let Me allure you and speak words of comfort to you, let Me LOVE YOU!

No comments: