December 1, 2008

First Blog

December 1, 2008

This is my first blog and to be completely honest, I don't know what to write. I live in Chicago and I woke up this morning to find a not so pleasant surprise, we just had our first snow fall of the season. When I was a child I loved snow because I got to play in it but now I am not too excited about it. It looks beautiful from inside the house but that's it for me. I am latina so I love warm sunny days, looking outside the window made me think of my vacation to the Dominican Republic.  This is a picture from my excursion to Saona, a small island off the shore of Santo Domingo. 
I fell in love with the country and the people. I stayed in Bavaro Princess in Punta Cana. If any of you are thinking about going to the Dominican Republic I recommend this resort. The service, the people and everything in it is perfect. I wish I could have gone back this month but with the state of the economy and me being a college student that is nearly impossible. 
The colors of the water of the Caribbean has become my favorite colors. Its a mixture of all shades of blues, it is absolutely breath-taking. Definitely a place I plan to go back to.
Los Altos de Chavon
I love the stop sign, its in spanish "pare" I had never seen one that said that usually they say "alto" and the train with the people going to work.
This is a beautiful house, I love the design.

(I took all the pictures above on my trip to Santo Domingo)

No comments: