December 29, 2008

Take up the cross



Matthew 10:37-39 NLT

37 "If you love your father or mother more than you love me, you are not worthy of being mine; or if you love your son or daughter more than me, you are not worthy of being mine.
38 If you refuse to take up your cross and follow me, you are not worthy of being mine.
39 If you cling to your life, you will lose it; but if you give up your life for me, you will find it.


Desires of hope changed in the submergence of His irresistible love
Compelled to distance myself from humanity, crucifying the world that is within me
Every care of mine I beg to be excused seeking purely to walk in the footprints of Him
Mesmerized by His grace and commitment I fail to remember all arrangements placed before Him
I take hold of Paul's words that; it is no longer I who lives, but Christ lives in me
And just as in the verse in Corinthians I am compelled to preach
My obsession is that it will be His vocabulary my mouth will speak
Piercing hearts with the definition of Love that He exposed to us
Saving souls for the hope of His magnificence
My hearts hand reaches out to draw close to Your throne
With hearts tears dripping down with a yearning for intimacy with You
I surrender, picking up my cross and crucifying my flesh like a true disciple
Plowing the field with determination for salvation of a lost generation
Running this race with no hesitation, being Your hand to reap the abundant harvest of lost children
Lord let it be Your life lived throughout me, resurrected in the resemblance of Your Glory
I've been crucified just to be resurrected in You!

-Michael Morrissey
a.k.a His Mic
myspace.com/poetryismyministry

No comments: